Lou-oakswan Nishga Tribe Wolf Clan Bc Vint Signed Killer Whale Wood Carving
LOU-OAKSWAN NISHGA TRIBE WOLF CLAN B. VINTAGE SIGNED KILLER WHALE WOOD CARVING, CLAN NASS RIVER #1776, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA. 20th c Northwest aboriginal wood carvings. 11 ½" Height x 9 ½" Width.
No loss, flea-bites, surface abrasions or noticeable scuffs. This signed Northwest aboriginal bas-relief wall sculpture of a highly stylized killer whale by Lou Oakswan of the Nishga clan/Wolf tribe of British Columbia, Canada is in very well-preserved vintage condition and is clearly signed on the verso.
A simply remarkable wood carving, imbued with mystery and reverence for such an awe-inspiring animal as is the orca or popularly known as the killer whale. Very Good to Excellent overall vintage condition. The item "LOU-OAKSWAN NISHGA TRIBE WOLF CLAN BC VINT SIGNED KILLER WHALE WOOD CARVING" is in sale since Tuesday, November 27, 2018. This item is in the category "Art\Art Sculptures".
The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in Milford, New Hampshire. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Size: Small (up to 12in.)
- Region of Origin: Canada (Northwest)
- Artist: Lou Oakswan (Native, aboriginal Northwest )
- Style: Native aboriginal art
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Quantity Type: Single-Piece Work
- Medium: Wood
- Date of Creation: 1950-1969
- Type: Light Sculpture, Bas-relief wall sculpture
- Features: W/ Inscription at the back
- Year: Circa 1950-1960
- Nishga Tribe, Wolf Clan: Nass River, BC (Canada)
- Mid-20th century: Nishga Tribe, Wolf Clan (British Columbia, Canada)
- Width (Inches): 9 1/2" in Width
- Color: Medium brown tones, nat aged patina
- Placement: Wall
- Subject: Killer Whale
- Culture: Native Northwest aboriginal people
- Originality: Original
- Height (Inches): 11 1/2" in Height